Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Perform diverse financial and administrative functions for Project and Program Management support. Provide support to Program Manager and coordination with financial management and billing staff. This support includes, but is not limited to, project financial analysis, project budget tracking and variance reporting, proposal support and preparation, and schedule/task management. Extract data from company financial systems and maintain databases and tracking systems to support the preparation of routine and special project financial, schedule, and project performance tracking reports. Requires critical thinking in qualitative and quantitative disciplines, and an understanding of public and corporate financial accounting practices, including specifically, GAAP, CAS, IFRS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial/administrative direction to project staff while supporting the overall development and management of the project controls environment within specific contracts and programs.
- Project set-up, performing project analysis, tracking project/task cost history, invoice reviews and reconciliation, and reconciliation of incurred cost with client records.
- Download/extract cost data from company systems, prepare financial tracking reports, and prepare monthly financial summaries including current month costs, cumulative costs, projected costs, budgets and variance.
- Maintain databases in support of above and to support the preparation of routine and special financial tracking reports required by clients.
- Prepare project schedules and track project deliverables and milestones.
- Provide oversight to staff for tracking project budgets, actual costs, and budget variances on a weekly basis.
- Assist program and project management in the preparation of monthly project reports and schedule updates.
- Assist program and contracts management by maintaining spreadsheets and databases, tracking expenditures, reviewing invoices, and processing contract notifications as needed.
- Maintain web-based project and contract information repositories.
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Included in this section are education, experience, skills (including computer skills), licenses, certificates, and registrations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Individual must have between 1-3 years' experience in accounting, finance, project controls, project management, statistical analysis, consulting, or auditing.
- Individual must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
- Professional accounting certification a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (if applicable)
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Employee will work a varied physical work schedule that may consist of remote (work from home), shared office, office “hoteling”, or standard office setting and environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There may be occasional travel to client or other company office locations up to 25% of the time. Employees must have a valid and current driver's license in good standing.
Must be fluent in the English language – writing and speaking, etc.; Report writing requirements must be clear, cogent, and defensible based on facts and evidence-based determinations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Quantitative reasoning, statistical reasoning.
Candidate should be highly proficient – to – expert level with Microsoft Excel, Office, and Word. Additional experience with Oracle systems, Access and other business software and systems a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website