Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech EMC, a company within Tetra Tech's Global Development Services (GDS) Division, is seeking a home office Law Enforcement Program Associate (LEPA) to join the firm's Security and Stabilization business unit based in Arlington, Virginia. The Security and Stabilization team assists governments, civil society organizations, and communities by implementing programs centered on peace building, stabilization and transitional justice, conflict mitigation and management, countering violent extremism (CVE), dispute resolution, and citizen security policies and practices in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and other developing regions around the globe.
The LEPA reports to the Security and Stabilization Vice President and supports Program Managers. Job responsibilities include:
- Support day-to-day business, technical, operational and financial functions for international programs and projects
- Coordinate program operations with field offices to ensure deliverables are made on-time and within budget
- Coordinate and manage administrative matters with field office staff from project start up through contract close out
- Support the new employee orientation pre-deployment program with briefings and other activities in coordination with HR and respective Program Managers (PMs)
- Work closely with Program Managers to analyze, strategize, develop and implement cost effective policies and procedures aligned with project goals and objectives
- Develop, track and review all program deliverables
- Draft, review and edit project reports
- Support business development efforts
- Review invoices and backup documentation; liaise closely with implementing partners on administrative and invoicing tasks
- Schedule and lead meetings as appropriate, prepare meeting agendas, draft meeting summaries capturing key points for PM review, and maintain official project communications files.
- Manage Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Int'l Shipping Logistics and Vendor Coordination
- Coordinate travel with the travel administrator, employee and respective PM, as necessary
- Coordinate Requests for Information with field teams and assist in drafting responses
- Travel internationally as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field, including International Relations, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Security, Business, Government, Economics, , International Development, or relevant work experience, Master's degree preferred. Relevant extensive experience (10 years +) in lieu of a degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent professional persuasive writing, Technical Writing Experience
- Experience working on or leading projects in one or more regions: Africa, Caribbean, Central / South America, South or Central Asia, Near East, or other developing markets
- Experience with International Project Management, Project Mobilization, Program Operations, Team Building, Leadership, Business Development, Proposal Development, Project Financial Management, or Contract Management
- Technical Expertise / Best Practices in any of the following areas: Criminal Justice, Security Sector Reform, Institutional Capacity Building, Conflict and Stability Operations, Counterterrorism, Countering Violent Extremism, Narcotics Trafficking, Combatting Trafficking in Persons
- Proven ability to take initiative to solve complex challenges
- Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Fluent in English
- Master's degree in a relevant field – a plus.
- Project development experience to include Work Plan Development, Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Program Development - a plus
- Training Experience, Training Curriculum Development - a plus
- Int'l Supply Chain and Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing - a plus
- Network of industry-relevant professionals - a plus
- French, Spanish, Arabic, or other foreign language(s) - a plus
- Experience working for or on behalf of US Department of State, USAID, Department of Justice, Department of Defense, or other related government agency or international organization - a plus
- Knowledge of DoS / USAID / DoD regulations (FAR and AIDAR) especially as they relate to contracting and procurement - a plus
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 174 PRT
Apply on company website