Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.
Our Midwest, Rockies & California Operation is seeking an experienced leader to serve as Landscape Architect/Visual Resource Services Lead to support a variety of projects in a dynamic consulting environment in our diverse energy practice. This practice includes routing, siting, analysis, and permitting of fossil fuel, wind, and solar electric power generation, electric transmission lines and substations, natural gas pipelines, compressor stations, and other related facilities.
The Landscape Architect/Visual Resource Services Lead will conduct and supervise visual impact assessment technical work, build teams, develop proposals and cost estimates, and track schedules for visual impact assessment tasks and will manage the completion of work within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with internal and external clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and project stakeholders. This role will support management in developing a strategic plan for the growth, innovation and delivery of Tetra Tech's visual services offerings. This role will also support Project Managers and Operations with actively marketing and developing internal and external clients.
- Develop and implement approaches for visual resource impact assessment for energy projects across the United States.
- Train and mentor staff in industry standard and best practices in visual impact assessment methodologies.
- Provide visual impact assessment expertise in client-facing and agency meetings.
- Provide senior review of visual impact assessment work products including technical documents, maps, and photographic simulations.
- Manage visual impact assessment projects and tasks, including development of scopes of work, budgets, and schedules.
- Work with visual team on workflow and prioritization of tasks as well as collaborating with team members to find work efficiencies and innovations.
- Work with GIS staff and Visualization Specialists to develop photographic simulations, line of sight graphics, and infographics to support visual resource assessment for permitting documents as well as public outreach efforts.
- Support development of mitigation strategies such as screening plans in collaboration with on staff engineers, landscape architects, or other related specialties.
- Prepare and produce visual impact assessment technical reports and visual sections of permit documents and permit applications for federal, state, local agencies and jurisdictions.
- Support the development of environmental studies and resource analysis.
- Serve as a Project Manager for visual impact assessment projects.
Candidate will support the development including, but not limited, to the following:
- Visual resource impact assessments & visual resource inventories
- Land use permit applications
- Critical Issues Analysis reports
- Environmental analysis documentation
- Siting & routing studies
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as urban or regional planning, environmental studies, landscape architecture.
- 5-8 years of demonstrated work experience in performing visual impact assessment work with a preference to conducting work in support of energy projects.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Training and experience applying Bureau of Land Management Visual Resource Management techniques to projects on federal and private lands.
- Understanding of permitting regulations and requirements such as National Environmental Policy Act, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, or state siting and permitting requirements for electric transmission, wind, and solar.
- Competency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required, experience with Adobe Creative Cloud desired.
- Possess the ability to act independently with task management roles, have a strong attention to detail, and a proven commitment to quality management, continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
- Ability and interest in working as part of a team in a fast-paced consulting environment with the capability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $130,000 a year
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers. LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website