Junior Project Engineer – Mechanical / Nuclear (Bruce Power Site)
Tetra Tech Canada Inc
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking Junior Project Engineers – Mechanical / Nuclear based out of the Bruce Power site in Tiverton Ontario. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution, and commissioning of plant modifications.
- Responsible for delivering the overall technical scope of the project.
- Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements (ex. Pressure Boundary) and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures such as work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports.
- Interface with internal contacts within PMC programs and site engineering, operations, maintenance departments etc. and support communications with external regulatory agencies, contract service providers, manufacturers, etc. in alignment with approved designs and supply chain processes.
- Where applicable, provide input as a mandatory stakeholder during conceptual phase of the project.
- Review conceptual and preliminary Engineering reports for compliance to the overall technical scope of work, cost, and schedule. Request revisions as required.
- Participate in design and construction vendor selection process.
- Support Project Development Phase by reviews during 50% and 90% design package submissions from constructability and execution standpoint. Ensure that the design and construction margins are well understood.
- Request constructability reviews for projects as necessary.
- Conduct and lead interactive planning sessions to discuss and resolve constructability/ field execution planning issues.
- Prepare, review, or approve installation procedures, work coordination plans, test procedures and commissioning plans for successful implementation of the project.
- Provide technical specifications for contract documents as required. Review and evaluate vendor bids for technical details and compliance to Bruce Power requirements.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance and field support to construction personnel or other clients related to the interpretation of design information, work method and constructability based on project requirements.
- Provide engineering guidance and authority to progress work for all non-intent changes to the design package during installation and commissioning.
- Lead technical troubleshooting for post installation issues related to commissioning. Use corrective action process to perform investigations to avoid repeated occurrence.
- Work with field engineering/ services to provide timely response to vendor requests via RFI process.
- Participate in establishing and updating schedules for project engineering deliverables.
- Lead available for service (AFS)/Turnover and project closeout activities.
- Responsible for maintaining own qualification as per Bruce Power's Training and qualification requirements.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by line management.
- Completion of a four-year University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Nuclear)
- Previous experience in a project engineering or field engineering role considered an asset
- Must be registered with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Engineer in Training (EIT) actively working towards a P.Eng License
- Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance.
- Must hold valid G2/G class driver's license and have access to a vehicle.
- Must be located in the Bruce County area or willing to relocate.
- Previous nuclear or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset.
- Coaching, mentoring, professional services management, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website