Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior Geoenvironmental Scientist/Engineer to join our Environment Practice in the Edmonton office. This position will be part of our growing group of Geoenvironmental Specialists at an Intermediate to Senior level. The Geoenvironmental Scientist/Engineer will report to the Project Director (Alberta) for the Environment and Water Practice and will be working closely with both Edmonton and Calgary staff in the Environment and Water, and Geotechnical Practices.
- Conducting Phase I, II and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), contaminated site remediation and risk management projects as Technical Lead in Edmonton
- Completing spill remediation and assessment as Technical Lead
- Coordinate and manage hazardous building materials assessments (HBMA)
- Provide technical reviews of reporting by junior staff
- Reviewing current Alberta technical guidance and new technical guidance and applying these to projects under senior technical supervision
- Project Managing, leading and mentoring junior staff in completing technical contaminated sites and/or hazardous materials assessments
- Maintaining current knowledge of leading edge contaminated sites and/or hazardous materials practices
- Identifying and securing new business opportunities, writing proposals, and developing Statements of Qualifications
- Participating in Business Development activities for the Environment Practice
- Travel to remote work locations (approximately 2 days/month)
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering/Geology/Science
- 7 plus years of experience in contaminated sites and/or hazardous materials work
- Experience leading a technical team in contaminated sites and/or hazardous materials work
- Experience and training in Project Management with knowledge of Project Management Best Management Practices
- Knowledge of Alberta regulatory frameworks
- Experience in Business Development
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful, professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Health and Safety awareness for contaminated sites and/or hazardous materials work
- Ability to lead and mentor others in contaminated sites and/or hazardous materials work
- Strong written communication skills and previous experience writing technical reports
- Effective organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, plan, schedule, and coordinate various activities relating to projects and proposal submissions
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers.
Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations, Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 704 EBA
Apply on company website