Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently looking to hire two Intermediate Geotechnical Engineers to join our Geotechnical and Construction Services group in our Edmonton office. This is an opportunity to advance your career, working in a supportive environment with world-class engineers dedicated to working on civil and geotechnical engineering projects from conceptual design to construction. Many of our projects are multi-disciplinary, offering exposure to the skills and requirements of other disciplines.
- Providing geotechnical engineering advice relating to a wide range of solutions in multiple industrial, commercial, and municipal environments. Solutions include shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, earth and rockfill embankments, cut slopes, and solutions for geohazards such as slope movements.
- Designing and directing geotechnical investigations, using a range of drilling and geophysical techniques, to evaluate ground and groundwater conditions relevant to the project.
- Completing shallow and deep foundation design and geohazard mitigation / remediation design
- Settlement assessments
- Leading and reviewing site seismic assessments
- Participating in dam safety reviews and completing remediation designs
- Lead or assist in dam projects in Alberta and possibly in other provinces
- Performing and reviewing slope stability analyses and designs for slope stabilization
- Providing advice for pavement assessment and design.
- Analyzing field data, including instrumentation data, and preparing detailed engineering reports and recommendations
- Coordinate and conduct instrumented pile load tests, including analysis and reporting
- Preparing proposals and other pursuit submissions, and management, budgeting, and scheduling of projects
- Supporting the team's business development activities
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff members
- Contributing to the development of an established geotechnical engineering team
- Seeking opportunities for training and development for the team and for yourself
- Being active in the geotechnical community to allow identification of potential opportunities and identifying trends and other developments
- Communicating with clients and sub-consultants and internal stakeholders
- Minimum of an Undergraduate degree in Geotechnical, Geological, or Civil Engineering
- An appropriate postgraduate degree would be an advantage
- Registration in Alberta as a Professional Engineer or eligible for registration
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in a geotechnical engineering consulting capacity is preferred
- Experience establishing and maintaining client relationships including business development
- Experience in site reconnaissance and investigations to assess site suitability for development for specific projects
- Experience in geohazards identification and assessment, analysis, and mitigation / remediation will be an advantage
- Skill and experience in writing internal and external reports and proposals
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Experience using GeoStudio Products and MS Office is essential
- Numerical analysis experience using FEM software such as Plaxis will be an advantage
- Experience using LPile, GRLWEAP, GTILT, and AutoCAD will be an advantage
- Previous project management experience will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Familiarity with standards and specifications in common use in Alberta
- Experience within the Edmonton Capital Region will be an advantage
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required. As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive hourly rate and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 704 EBA
Apply on company website