Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. Job Details: We are currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer for our Kincardine, Ontario office. Candidate will assist with electrical design analysis work and support senior engineers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical design work related to power distribution systems (Class I, II, III, IV), including switching schemes and single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, motor control logic and control relaying, equipment sizing and specification, equipment arrangement, above ground and underground raceway systems, overhead buswork, layouts for power, lighting and grounding, lightning protection, AC and DC power supplies, communication, routing information, for all cables and so on
- Exercise initiative in completing recurring assignments independently and judgment in determining which of many methods are applicable
- Stay current with applicable department, discipline and project procedures
- Assist discipline senior engineers as required
- Prepare and review design plans, drawing surveys and calculations
- Preparation and/or verification of procurement activities and deliverables.
- Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions
- Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
- Provide input into improvement ideas during project execution and close-out
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience in electrical engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical engineering principles, practices, and methods.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in Ontario or with another province in Canada
- Preferably has previous experience in nuclear, power generation, consulting engineering fields and renewables/sustainable industries.
- Just be able to obtain Federal security clearance
- Previous nuclear or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset
- Must have general knowledge of CAD software as well as proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website