Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Industrial Hygienist Specialist / Project Manager to work in our Denver, CO office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ideal candidate will provide Health and Safety (H&S) oversight support for emergency response and environmental site investigation/remediation projects. This position will support contracts, including federal (including EPA), state, local, and commercial clients. Duties will include providing H&S direction, review of H&S plans, support for ongoing H&S monitoring, and H&S training support.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience with environmental emergency response work.
- Experience providing health and safety training, preparation and review of health and safety plans, conducting safety audits and managing projects.
- Experience providing safety oversight and audits on field projects including releases of hazardous substances and oil; emergency, disaster and Weapons of Mass Destruction response; and removal and remedial projects.
- Demonstrable experience in biosafety, radioactive materials management, field sampling and analysis, decontamination and/or mitigation methods, emergency preparedness, radiation dose assessment and management, and/or toxicology.
- Demonstrable expertise and experience with OSHA, NIOSH and ACGIH regulations and sampling techniques.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Health and Safety, or Environmental Engineering/Science, or similar degree
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA training with Hazmat required.
- This position requires you to drive on a regular basis. Passing a motor vehicle record background check and maintaining a valid driver's license is required.
- This position may require a background check.
In addition, you must have / be:
- Strong oral and written communication, client relations, and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, customer focused and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and travel as needed.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
The work environment includes working outside in all seasons and weather conditions. You must be:
- Able to lift sample coolers and other equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Able to wear full-face respirator and complete annual medical monitoring program, including pulmonary function testing.
- Project work could occur nationwide, but most will be within Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. You must be able to travel overnight, including on weekends, and may be necessary for up to a week at a time.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website