Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our 20,000 employees and over 400 offices worldwide. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech's Disaster Response Division is currently accepting applications for prospective candidates to join our Geographic Information System (GIS) team. The successful candidate will utilize GIS techniques to provide a better understanding of data visualized for a given geographic location. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for extracting data from GIS software and use varying analysis methods to arrive at results. The GIS Analyst will also provide maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis. Knowledgeable of current GIS software and technology is critical for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, edits and maintains geospatial data using ESRI desktop and web-based tools
- Develops and maintains ArcGIS Online web maps, applications, and dashboards
- Performs technical quality review of geospatial information to determine completeness, accuracy and adherence to specified standards
- Efficiently converts data between standard spatial data formats including but not limited to ESRI geodatabase feature classes, stand-alone tables, spread sheets and various raster data formats
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Access to perform data analysis and quality checks.
- Advanced query skills, preferably SQL environment, knowledge of PYTHON and HTML is a plus.
- GISP Certification or equivalent experience, BS is a plus in a related field
- 1-2 years specific GIS related work experience
- Proficient with ESRI Desktop Software 10.x
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/Access
- Programming languages T-SQL, Python, and VBA are a plus
- Able to work well with others in a project team environment
- Position requires 80% travel, sometimes on short notice, depending on project requirements.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com/
For future notifications like us on Facebook
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
No agencies or calls please.
- Organization: 105 TDR
Apply on company website