As part of Tetra Tech's High Performance Buildings Group, we bring together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, audiovisual, code consulting/fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, invites you to consider an exciting opportunity at our New York office. We are seeking a motivated Field Engineer to join our renowned design team to design.
About this opportunity:
As a Field Engineer at Cosentini, you will have the opportunity to grow and advance as you work on exciting and challenging projects. You will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining expertise and building your reputation and career, and have a chance to make a difference through using your experience to support the process of bringing MEP/FP designs to reality.
• Preparation and writing of field reports
• Survey, create punch lists
• Creation/execution of commissioning checklists for equipment and systems as directed
• Attend meetings with architects, contractors, owners and building managers.
• Witness equipment testing
• Perform site surveys and in-depth walkthroughs
• Support construction administration activities by reviewing submittals and preparing responses to Requests for Information and providing input as needed.
• Multi-task projects on a day to day basis
• Travel to various job sites within the tri-state and outlying regions (NY, PA, NJ, CT)
What's so great about this job?
This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative plumbing and fire protection design on signature building projects in the US and internationally. This position offers career challenge and opportunity for growth with to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
Why join Cosentini?
Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting, Lighting Design, Commissioning, Information Technology, Security, Audiovisual, and Construction Administration Services. We have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Cosentini/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, with an interest in building systems design, with 5 to 15 years of experience in commercial, institutional and healthcare facilities, have a thorough understanding of HVAC systems.
• Familiarity with AutoCAD and some design experience is a plus
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing with a strong background in Mechanical
• Ability to evaluate code compliance requirements and industry standards
• Excellent technical skills, strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
• Strong technical background
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 151 CAA
Apply on company website