Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We currently seeking applicants to conduct avian and wildlife surveys in eastern Oregon as part of environmental studies and construction monitoring supporting renewable energy development.
- The field biologists will be responsible for conducting raptor nest surveys, adhering to standardized protocols as trained by Tetra Tech staff, and completing accurate data collection forms. In addition to conducting raptor nest surveys, the field biologists may support environmental construction monitoring as needed.
- The nearest metro area is The Dalles, OR, and preference will be given to qualified applicants that live within a 2-hour drive of the projects.
- The survey schedule is anticipated to be 4-5 consecutive days per week from mid-February through mid-June, with the possibility of an extension.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to at least four (4) field days a week, not including travel to the field location.
- Applicants will be responsible for their own housing during the study period outside of active survey days and will be provided a fleet vehicle.
- B.S. Science (Biology, Environmental Science, Wildlife Management, etc.) preferred but not required.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous field work in wildlife ecology with preference given to experience with field identification of avian species.
- Ability to identify all western raptor species.
- Be willing to adhere to all personal safety requirements associated with working in rural, isolated areas.
- Comfortable in harsh weather conditions and rugged terrain (e.g., extreme heat, high winds, all forms of precipitation).
- Ability to utilize a GPS unit.
- Able to accurately identify local avian species by sight and sound.
- Must be able to work independently while maintaining clear communication with Tetra Tech, Inc. staff; and
- Able to have flexibility in scheduling due to changing field conditions.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive to environmental studies within the wind energy industry.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 178 TTS
Apply on company website