Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is an international and multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting firm with opportunity for significant growth in the Commercial/Industrial Environmental Compliance market. We hire the best minds in the industry and give them the opportunity to grow within their field and collaborate with our team of highly experienced professionals.
Tetra Tech has an immediate full time opening in our office for a motivated Junior Environment Scientist/Engineer. The selected individual is expected to define and perform project tasks in a cost-effective and time efficient manner in a collaborative team environment.
- 2-3 years of experience within the environmental science/engineering field; preference of direct experience within Commercial/Industrial or Consulting/Engineering sectors
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Environmental Sciences or Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental/Civil) from a four-year College or university;
- Master's degree in related science field preferred
- Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills is a must
- Demonstrated professional and team-oriented approach to work
- Interact with commercial/industrial clients to identify needs, collect data, develop and process solutions
- Perform data analysis utilizing software, spreadsheets, databases, or other novel solutions to assist with resolving client problems
- Engage in diverse client projects that may involve multi-media knowledge including Air, Water, Waste, Hazardous Material Management, or Emergency Response/Prevention
- Develop and deliver proficient technical documents, presentations, and/or trainings on regulatory compliance concepts, industry trends, and emerging issues
- Review and monitor changes in environmental regulations working with Sr. staff to develop client solutions
- Support client project teams and internal business development initiatives
- Apply knowledge gained in previous assignments
- We seek candidates who have great potential for building consultant-client relationships. As we evaluate candidates, we will be looking for excellent written and verbal communication skills; a high degree of self-confidence and self-motivation; and evidence of strong logic and analytical skills; and emphasis of delivering quality work products.
The position will require periodic travel to client sites, both local and distant. Flexibility for international travel over the course of your consulting career is a plus. This is a great opportunity for a junior level scientist or engineer to apply education and experience to further develop professionally within the environmental consulting field.
This position requires travel. Travel by car may require driving using a company car, rental car or his/her own car. Individual must possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record without restrictions.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website