If you have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist, Tetra Tech is looking for you to provide professional support to various environmental assessment and remediation projects. This position provides professional level support (field sampling and field supervision) to various environmental assessment/remediation projects in the southeastern United States including due diligence and soil, soil vapor, groundwater investigations, installation and maintenance of remediation systems. Responsible for seeing assignments through to completion by applying a comprehensive knowledge of environmental strategies in accordance with RCRA, CERCLA, UST, CWA and other appropriate state and federal regulations. Candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in excellent standing within the company standards.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Your Role :
- Perform project tasks in the public and private sector involving site investigation, evaluation of remedial technologies (including innovative technologies), engineering design, and remediation operations on environmental projects
- Work/coordinate with project team personnel. Perform technical functions on projects in environmental, geologic, compliance, engineering and construction projects.
- Perform field assessment and remediation activities as directed by supervisor
- Preparation and review of engineering documents (e.g., RAP, FS, CMS, SAP).
- Maintain knowledge of environmental data collection and evaluations for UST, CERCLA, and RCRA sites.
- Prepare work plans, engineering designs, data evaluations and reports.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to CADD operators, designers, technicians and field personnel.
- Assist in preparing remedial action plans, feasibility studies, corrective measure studies, remedial designs, and other engineering documents.
- Potential to participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Report writing, generation of figures, tables, and database management;
- Compliance Plans (SWPPP, SPCC, etc.);
- Permitting and regulatory compliance;
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Included in this section are education, experience, skills (including computer skills), licenses, certificates, and registrations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Environmental Engineering/Environmental Sciences/Geology or a related area;
- a minimum of 5 years of related engineering experience. Advanced degree and relevant professional certifications [Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), etc.] preferred.
- Direct experience in preparation of FSs/CMSs/SAPs under FDEP and EPA guidance is also desirable.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in excellent standing within the company standards.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-starters that want to establish a career in environmental consulting.
Ability to read, research, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical documents and procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedures suitable for client submittal. Ability to effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, clients, customers, and the general public. Effective communication skills, both orally and in written form. Must be fluent in the English language – reading, writing, and speaking.
Must be fluent in the English language – writing and speaking, etc.; Report writing requirements, etc.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of algebra, solid and plane geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Strong background in mathematics and its application to quantitative analysis/problem solving a plus.
Candidate must have the ability to work well in a professional and team-oriented environment, as well as independently. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, excellent leadership skills, and be client focused. Must possess basic computer skills; the computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel. Experience with ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD a plus.
Ability to evaluate basic and complex issues, solve practical problems, and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Strong technical, writing, and verbal communication skills required. General computer, word processing, and spreadsheet capabilities are required, along with experience with using Microsoft Office applications (WORD, PowerPoint, EXCEL, etc.).
Professional certifications (PE, PG, CHMM, etc.) desirable. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training is also preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website