Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Equipment Manager to assist with maintenance, tracking, and accountability of field equipment, materials, vehicles and supplies. Work location is the Environmental Protection Agency Training and Logistics Center (TLC) located within the Hunt-Midwest SubTropolis complex in northeast Kansas City. Daily duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintenance and/or calibration of field instrumentation used during emergency response and investigation of hazardous materials releases, in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Maintain maintenance and calibration logs for all equipment.
- 24/7 on-call duties to manage and support equipment needs for emergency responses reported via EPA's Spill Line.
- Request written quotes from vendors for new equipment or maintenance services for existing equipment.
- Receive and inspect incoming equipment and supplies.
- Ensure equipment brought back from the field is cleaned prior to re-inventory and future use.
- Develop and modify Equipment Operation Guides and Quick Start Guides.
- Ensure all equipment tracking, maintenance, check-in, and check-out is managed through the EPA's Sunflower database.
- Other responsibilities may include: Preparation for, or participation in, training and exercises designed to enhance EPA's emergency response capabilities.
- Onsite field support anywhere within EPA Region 7 (Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa).
- Arrange for service, repair or replacement of parts to maintain readiness of EPA's vehicle fleet. Vehicles include cars, boats, all-terrain vehicles and mobile command posts.
- Preparing monthly summary reports describing work duties completed each month.
This is not a complete list of responsibilities associated with this position. The Equipment Manager may be tasked by EPA to conduct any number of miscellaneous duties in support of the TLC's mission to provide appropriate equipment and supplies for response actions at hazardous wastes.
Candidates should have at least 3 to 5 years of experience with hazardous materials response and a general working knowledge of associated equipment such as: photoionization detectors, particulate monitors, and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA); tools for collection of soil, water and air samples; and general equipment such as generators, pumps and electric motors. Must possess strong organizational and communication skills. Must also be highly motivated, customer focused and work well in a team environment. Proficiency with MS Word and Excel also preferred. Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check.
B.S. degree and 1+ years of relevant experience, or 5+ years of relevant experience (4 years experience in lieu of B.S. degree), is required. Completion of 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training and current 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher training is required. If the successful candidate does not already possess this training, Tetra Tech will provide the training upon hire. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to wear self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full-face respirator and complete annual medical monitoring program, including pulmonary function testing. This position is predominantly for indoor work at the EPA's TLC facility in Kansas City, MO. However, occasional onsite field support may be required. Onsite work may require overnight travel within EPA Region 7 (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska) during all seasons, including peak summer and winter conditions.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website