Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently looking for a Construction Crew (Heavy Equipment Operators and Laborers) to join our team for an environmental remediation construction (earthwork and civil) project at the Callahan Mine Superfund Site located in the town of Brooksville (Harborside) on the Penobscot Bay in Hancock County, Maine (near Bar Harbor). Starting hourly rates up to $33 per hour based on skill level and experience on various pieces of heavy equipment and working in the construction and/or environmental remediation industry. Per diem or mileage is available as appropriate to personnel not local to the site.
Construction activities are currently scheduled to commence in April/May 2021 and extend through the 2021 construction season. Construction activities are anticipated to continue in subsequent construction seasons through 2023/2024.
• Establish tool, equipment and field shop requirements, construction facility layout, construction methods, field organization and staff selection, schedules and sequence of operations and similar determinations.
• Perform system construction activities in a safe and proper manner.
• Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
• Ability to help maneuver pipe, pumps, and hoses.
• Install and maintain erosion and sedimentation controls (i.e. silt fence)
• Maintain, clean, and organize equipment and supplies.
• Work with and around heavy construction equipment and excavations at mining sites (all Equipment Operator are expected to be experienced, safe, and efficient operators of heavy construction equipment).
• Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment.
• Perform construction activities in a safe and proper manner.
• Perform daily checks and maintenance on equipment.
• Perform various duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least one (1) year of experience in decentralized business in construction, outdoor labor, mining, and farming industries.
• OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training and current 8-hour refresher
• Heavy equipment operator experienced with operating some or all of the following equipment: Dozers, excavators, front-end loaders, backhoes, off-road dump trucks, all-terrain forklifts, skid-steers, and/or rollers.
• Experience with operating dozers and excavators in soft and saturated ground conditions (i.e. mine tailings) a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have good working knowledge of heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc.) and compacting and materials handling equipment (i.e. loader, all-terrain forklift, roller).
• A team player with the ability and willingness to pitch in as needed in areas outside core responsibilities and expertise.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 106 ECI
Apply on company website