Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves the quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems. We provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity.
Tetra Tech is seeking a civil engineer to work in our Boston and Marlborough offices. The ideal candidate must have a strong quantitative skillsets to support municipal, state and private projects in New England. This is an engaging and high impact position in which the successful candidate will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with engineering design on stormwater, water, wastewater, civil/site, stormwater, traffic and transportation projects. The successful candidate will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to civil and environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity.
- Prepare engineering studies and reports
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports
- Prepare permit applications and support materials
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Support design analysis through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Prepare construction documents (plans and specifications)
- Perform construction administration activities including site observations
- Assist Project Manager with project management activities including scheduling, quality control and assurance, client meetings and public presentations
- Bachelor's degree in environmental/civil engineering, or a related field
- 4 to 7 years of site/civil, water, wastewater and/or stormwater design, or other relevant engineering experience
- MA Professional Engineer (PE) license, or the ability to obtain MA PE within one year of hiring
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills required; strong presentation skills a plus
- Familiarity with elements of the design-bid-build process including engineering analysis, permitting, development of construction documents (plans and specifications), cost estimating, and construction administration and observation
- Construction inspection experience, including observation, record keeping, shop drawing review and associated administrative tasks
- Desire to learn design software programs
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD as well as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Microsoft Office suite) required
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 143 INE
Apply on company website