Our Fairfax, Virginia office is currently seeking an Agricultural Scientist/Engineer, who can apply their technical expertise to help solve complex agriculturally-related technical and policy water resource issues. What You'll Do:
We are in search of a highly-motivated team member to join our family of scientists and engineers to support our federal/state work in the study and analysis of agricultural water pollution, associated with watershed planning, nonpoint source pollution assessment and control, and agricultural conservation practices. In this mid-level consulting position, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and job skills to real-world agricultural water quality issues, while serving clients at the federal, state, tribal, and local levels. Your work will involve routine and non-routine assignments related to water quality projects of substantial variety and complexity. Management and technical responsibilities will increase over time in breadth, depth, and complexity, under the supervision of our senior scientific, engineering, and technical staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support projects and lead tasks related to nonpoint source pollution control, watershed assessment and planning, agricultural conservation practices, nutrient loss reduction, and environmental policy support.
- Perform tasks to support environmental projects, including:
- Developing technical analyses to support pollution-reduction activities related to agriculture
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Conducting research and literature searches
- Extracting and summarizing information from journal articles, federal and state reports, and other sources
- Applying water quality analysis tools, ArcGIS, and statistics
- Synthesizing information and developing written products (e.g., water resource reports, training modules, research summaries)
- Developing outreach-related materials, such as educational and outreach training modules
- Taking technical notes and analyzing policy and other discussions at webinars/meetings
- Implementing QA/QC policies/procedures to meet federal and state research requirement
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in agricultural science, agricultural engineering, or a related scientific/engineering field with professional experience in agriculture and natural resource management, soil/water conservation, nonpoint source pollution control, watershed planning, and/or other agricultural disciplines
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience
- Basic knowledge of federal and state clean water legislation and regulations
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications
- Knowledge/skills related to watershed assessment and planning tools/models, ArcGIS, and statistics
- Excellent research, technical writing, and verbal communication skills/experience
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects at once
- Highly dependable, detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and responsive to tight or changing client-driven deadlines
- Able to interact well with coworkers and existing clients in a professional and confident manner
- Excitement to work in a dynamic work environment
- Willingness to learn new skills
What We Can Offer You:
- Welcoming community of office and group staff
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Culture focused on providing industry-leading experience and high value to our clients
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
- Free parking and easy access to I-66, RT-123 and RT-29 in the Fairfax, VA area
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies Additional Information
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website