DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located outside of Washington, DC in the historic Loudoun County, StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124-bed acute care facility, lies in an area full of attractions including historic parks, horseback riding, dining, shopping, and more! StoneSprings Hospital Center is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, which is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S where healthcare opportunities are almost unlimited!
StoneSprings Hospital Center has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval and holds accreditation from the Joint Commission. Most importantly, StoneSprings Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Coordinator for Medical Staff Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
1. Apply the credentials evaluation process uniformly to all RFC/applications and R-RFC/re-applications to ensure compliance with internal credentialing procedures.
2. Process each RFC/application and R-RFC/re-application received from the CPC that has a yellow flag or a red flag in accordance with CPC-32 and MSS-002 policy.
3. Verify applicant identity in accordance with MSS-004.
4. Forward any updated information received from providers/provider office to the CPC in a timely manner.
5. Compile and analyze any available internal data and information for an assessment of qualifications and competencies for each R-RFC/re-application.
i. Compile internal information regarding CME credits in accordance with medical staff bylaws.
ii. Compile internal data on provider's volume
iii. Compile internal information related to focused or ongoing professional practice evaluations (FPPE/OPPE), performance improvement, utilization patterns, peer review, or other performance information.
6. Facilitate review, assessment, and authenticated documentation of an evaluation of each application and request for clinical privileges by the section chief / department chair as required.
7. Facilitate review, assessment and recommendations for each application and request for clinical privileges by the Credentials Committee and the Medical Executive Committee.
8. Utilize “paper-lite” procedures to facilitate medical staff reviews.
9. Actively manage provider's expiring credentials utilizing Document Direct and in accordance with CPC-36 and MSS-003.
10. Update the Cactus system to reflect all board actions on a provider's RFC, R-RFC, including resignations, terminations, LOAs, denials, terminations, or withdrawals in accordance with CPC-28 and MSS-013.
11. Coordinate with the quality department to facilitate and develop ongoing professional practice evaluations (OPPE).
12. Manage and archive files according to HCA and hospital procedures and accreditation/regulatory standards.
13. Serves as the primary liaison between the hospital and the CPC.
14. All work completed timely, accurately and with attention to detail.
15. UNDERSTANDS THAT ALL PHYSICIAN CREDENTIALING AND PERSONAL INFORMATION MUST REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL AT ALL TIMES.
Education: Associates degree and equivalent experience in a Medical Staff Office setting.
Certification: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist Certification (CPCS) strongly preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years medical staff office experience strongly preferred with minimum of 2 years experience required. Experience with processing both initial appointment and re-appointment applications required. Detail-oriented person must be familiar with Joint Commission, CMS and Commonwealth of Virginia standards for Medical Staff credentialing. Must be able to perform job responsibilities with little or no supervision. Computer skills include data entry, word processing, spreadsheets and internet searches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website