Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Inpatient Blood Cancer Unit Nurse Supervisor to join our healthcare family.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Inpatient Blood Cancer Unit Nurse Supervisor opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
The Transplant and Cellular Therapy (TCT) unit at St. David's South Austin Medical Center treats adults facing blood cancer and hematologic disorders in the Central Texas region. Our 24 bed inpatient unit provides stem cell transplants, Car T cell therapy and clinical trials, with a focus on providing exceptional care and cutting edge treatments close to home. In partnership with Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, we are proud to be the only FACT accredited facility in Austin, Texas.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) on the TCT unit you will be responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic and oncologic disorders, patients experiencing oncological emergencies, and others meeting admission criteria. Common diagnoses seen include acute leukemia, non hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma. You will be responsible for a maximum of 4 patients in this acute care setting.
* The only facility in Austin offering a Very Immunocompromised Program (VIP), which promptly identifies and treats immunocompromised oncology patients arriving in the ER
* Inpatient team that works closely with our Outpatient Cancer Care Clinic
* Specialized educator support for new hires with continued education through the program
* Comprehensive interdisciplinary team, including designated physicians, APPs, social workers, dieticians, chaplains, nurse coordinators, and rehabilitation therapists
* Annual participation in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Fundraiser
* St. David's HealthCare is the Official Healthcare Partner of Austin FC, Austin's first major league team.
In this role you will be asked to provide the following services:
* Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management
* Transfusion of blood products
* Evidence based care of patients with central venous access devices
* Administration of autologous transplants, allogeneic transplants, and cellular therapies at the bedside under physician supervision
* Management of toxicities related to oncological treatments
* Investigational protocol administration and monitoring
* Drain and post-op management
* Telemetry monitoring
* Strong participation within the interdisciplinary team
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
* 1 year of acute nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) - preferred
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within first year of hire
* Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certificate Provider card within the first 6 months of hire
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) and/or Blood & Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Inpatient Blood Cancer Unit Nurse Supervisor opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website