SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The St. David's HealthCare Registered Nurse (SDHRN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the SDHRN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient's plan-of-care. The SDHRN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient's nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The SDHRN continues to monitor and assess the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.
- Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a regular basis in accordance department standards. Pertinent data is collected using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Incorporates available technology to aid in physical assessment.
- Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient's immediate condition or needs.
- Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates changes in the patient's condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
- Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others and health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler, preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients during the assessment of patients.
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any tasks that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his or her current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural values, religious beliefs, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and language barriers, as indicated.
- Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and reports as appropriate when required.
- Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
- Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by the medical team and other health care providers.
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team, formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
- Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social needs of the patient.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
- The plan is individualized to the patient's condition, age or needs.
- The plan incorporates the discharge planning process at time of development.
- The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and health care providers, when appropriate.
- The plan reflects current nursing practice.
- The plan is documented.
- The plan provides for continuity of care.
- The plan is appropriate to the patient's age, developmental age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related to the diagnosis.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient care.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education and Experience:
Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree; minimum of one year experience in Staff RN or charge role
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License; BCLS certification as per SDH policy
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website