DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Pharmacy Technician II you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacy Technician II like you to be a part of our team.
As a Pharmacy Technician II you will assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. You will participate in providing patient specific care standards as directed and follow service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures
- You will utilize aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral admixtures
- You will compound chemotherapy preparation per established protocol
- You will accurately fill individual medication orders
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas
- You will provide basic technical support for automated dispensing cabinets and other pharmacy computer systems
- You will perform daily Pyxis routines as assigned
- You will replenish emergency cart trays, floor stock, and medication boxes as necessary
- You will process medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy
- You will accurately package and prepare medications for dispensing as assigned
- You will perform receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. St. David's Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or proof of higher level of education
- Previous Pharmacy Technician hospital experience – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) Pharmacy Technician Registration or TSBP Pharmacy Intern License
- Sterile Products (IV) Certification through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website