Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Social Worker Emergency Department PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Social Worker Emergency Department PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Social Worker in the Emergency Department, you will assist in meeting the psychosocial needs of the emergency room patients by providing emotional support, psychosocial assessments, counseling, crisis intervention, and discharge planning services to patients and families.
- You will respond to and collaborate with all interdisciplinary team referrals
- When on call, you will respond to a page within 15 minutes and arrive at the emergency room within one hour of a page if needed
- You will conduct a thorough psychosocial assessment with patients who present to the emergency room with a psychiatric complaint
- You will conduct assessments of patients who present with substance abuse concerns
- You will assess and make appropriate referrals for patients who present with sexual or physical assaults, or concerns about child or adult safety
- You will document psychosocial assessments, evaluations, and recommendations
- You will provide discharge planning assessments to patients and their families
- Previous experience working in a medium to large hospital setting – preferred
- Previous crisis intervention experience – preferred
- Master's Degree in Social Work
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensure through the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners at a Master's Level
St. David's Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Social Worker Emergency Department PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website