SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Strategic Algo Credit Manager (ACM) Product Manager
SS&C Algorithmics provides leading risk analytics products and services for the financial services industry worldwide. The company has over 200 clients, 350 employees and offices in 25 countries and is part of SS&C Technologies Inc.
SS&C Technologies, Inc. (known as SS&C) is an American multinational financial technology company that provides software and software as a service to the financial services industry. The company has offices globally including the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries, such as Advent Software, Varden Technologies, Eze Software, and Primatics Financial, SS&C specializes in specific fintech markets, such as fund administration, wealth management accounting, and insurance and pension funds. SS&C acquired Algorithmics in 2019.
The ACM Product Manager provides leadership and oversight of the strategy of the ACM product family in the SS&C Algorithmics portfolio, taking ownership of the business and financial outcomes.
Coordinates market research programs to identify significant markets and market segments, then develops strategies and roadmaps to address target markets. Leverages stakeholder networks, monitors trends, and actively engages prospects to identify potential growth opportunities. Develops a strategic vision for the product capitalizing on long-range market/technology trends. Drives a grouping and prioritization of customer requirements which effectively balances the current business model and existing customers with new business models and potential customers to achieve product growth and profitability goals. Presents and/or demonstrates the product vision and value proposition to stakeholders (internally, customers, partners, and analysts), driving analysis of feedback for potential gaps and opportunities.
- Oversees entire product life-cycle from offering definition, market analysis, marketing collateral, pricing, sales enablement and roadmap prioritization.
- Leads market, customer, and competitive research and analysis for our ACM products and contributes to POV on segment.
- Develops and delivers innovative offerings to the Credit market,
- Accountable for driving financial results for the product based on key outcome metrics, which include profitable growth of market share in target segment and revenue & profit performance vs. plan. Effective P&L owner for the ACM product.
- Defines clear go to market strategy for the ACM product offering eg. Large Exposures
- Identifies clear product gaps in terms of both functionality and data requirements and develops proposals and roadmaps to address them accordingly.
- Works closely with other Algo teams, MDAS, Algo Inside and all SS&C solutions to identify potential value propositions.
- Determines which offerings (or product components) should be built, bought, acquired or even retired.
- Defines ACM roadmap prioritization through negotiation with key stakeholders in Algo One & AWA product management and development.
- Supports Pre-Sales opportunities as and when required from an Industry and Product perspective. Includes input into the design and messaging of Pre-Sales collateral for ACM– presentations and demo content specific to Banking, Asset Managers, Pensions Funds, Custodian Services, Hedge Funds, Insurance companies
- Sets direction for design, sales, and marketing to plan innovative go-to-market strategies. Determines marketing investment by channel, converts technical positioning into key market messages.
- Maintains close relationships with marketing communications and sales management and leverages superior communication skills to socialize offering differentiation by buy-side market segment across different channels including customer events, conferences, media/web/mobile advertising, and digital/social platforms (e.g., interactive demos, videos, trials).
Leverages expert negotiation and communication skills to mobilize and influence a diverse constituency of executives, functions, partners, and suppliers to deliver product innovations to the market. Provides thought leadership for business management decisions, influencing others with an authoritative understanding of market needs throughout all stages of the product lifecycle. Leads offering business plan development, go-to-market and product readiness assessments, and end of life decisions. Contributes to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example. Collaborates and communicates effectively, sharing complex technical product and market knowledge within and across the corporation, with customers, and/or the technical community worldwide.
Has expert knowledge of competitive products strengths and weaknesses and understands future trends and technology; typically acquired through significant professional experience with projects which span traditional organizational boundaries. Required to have expert knowledge of their product's capabilities, potential buyers, and the marketplace.
Leads research, financial engineering, sales, services and support teams to identify new market opportunities based on ongoing market research and customer feedback. Directs and reviews results from market opportunity analysis (e.g. - voice of the customer research, historical financial/sales data) to determine which markets or market segments to pursue.
Determines which products (or product components) should be made, bought, or delivered through a partnership arrangement. Works to determine the appropriate business model, pricing structure, distribution strategy, and investment strategy to ensure portfolio growth and financial performance targets are met. Determines how and when to extend (or reduce) a product line, defining end of life and end of marketing plans as needed. Collaborates with finance and pricing for deeper analysis of market and business model trends on product/portfolio performance, gaps and opportunities.
Monitors product contracts with the development teams to ensure coherency between roadmap commitments and customer communications. Drives risk mitigation actions, plan resets, and roadmap update communications.
Actively leverages operational (e.g. - development status, effectiveness of marketing programs, sales success), business (e.g. - product growth, profitability, sales success, customer satisfaction), and market indicators (e.g. - market share, market growth, market acceptance) to optimize development of products/product families. Addresses critical serviceability issues with major product customers and anticipates pervasive customer challenges. Leverages regular win/loss data analysis, feedback from sales and pre-sales engagements, market trends, milestone assessments, and competitive threats to drive product release retrospectives and continuous improvement in the business.
Normal/flexible office and working from home conditions, frequently exposed to demands of travel and irregular work hours.
Holds the strategic vision for the ACM product / product family. Recognized as the expert for their market segment.
Influences individuals marketing and development, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult (i.e. - product investment priorities, market trade-offs) and require considerable diplomacy (e.g. - end of life decisions). Expected to be able to present and demonstrate existing and future features at large-venue events.
Has considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on tools, processes, priorities and resources following general business unit directives.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Is effectively the P&L owner for the product category or product line. They impact the overall optimization of investment and return on that investment in a capability, including:
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers, non-customers, and analysts.
- Drive prioritization of resource and investment for the solution set across all functional teams including Development/Engineering, design, architecture and marketing from user scenarios through market requirements, product contract, and positioning, GA, support and ultimately withdrawal from market.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, channel enablement and go to market model working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product and working to address any gaps in the product portfolio versus client needs or competitive positioning via organic or inorganic means.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Risk management
- Developing, implementing or presenting Credit Risk risk solutions
- Understanding of the processes involved in Credit Origination & Lifecycle management
- Understanding of Credit related Regulation
- Credit Risk modeling and analytics
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website