SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This role will be located at 80 Lamberton Rd, Windsor, CT.
We are looking for a motivated, self-directed individual who can maintain financial reports, records, general ledgers, and perform general bookkeeping functions. Working from our Windsor, CT headquarters, you will collaborate with a team of finance professionals and business partners throughout the company. This position will report to the Manager, Expenses and Payables and handle aspects of the accounts payable cycle. The successful candidate will have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Participates in the month-end close including preparation of various journal entries, monthly accruals, along with financial statement analysis of assigned areas
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and flux analysis for various accounts
- Assist with the maintenance and reconciliation of business assets for fixed assets and intangible assets
- Assist in the audit of monthly sales commissions, confirming commission calculations and compliancy with sales commission policy
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for various bank accounts
- Assist with accounts payable tasks, as needed
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Participate in financial audits, assisting with audit requests
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- Proven experience as a staff accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, Workday Financial, a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills a plus, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines. Able to work flexible work schedule in order to accommodate business levels
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, integrity, work ethic, willingness to learn and a positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website