SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Advent Software is looking for a motivated and experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help with improving the architecture and implementation methodology across several development and corporate platforms. This position will focus on building processes to simplify and streamline deployment, manage capacity, provide operational support and ensure scalability for our Product Development teams. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently, and can collaborate well with the overall project group. You will work within the SRE team and very closely with several development and operation teams.
In the role you will
- Architect, engineer, and implement CI/CD pipelines and associated automation for Advent developed products.
- Support business critical development environments as well as highly available production applications by monitoring, diagnosing and resolving issues, configuring and installing custom-developed and third-party applications
- Write and maintain custom automation to increase system efficiency, quality, and reduce human intervention on any task
- Work closely with the Development team during the application development process
- Work with team members on project tasks derived from release requirements
- Identify and recommend options for improving performance, maintainability and operability
- Participate in the engineering, planning, upgrade and maintenance of the Infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after-hour maintenance. Don't worry, this requirement is applied professionally with respect to work life balance
- A great attitude and drive to produce high quality work
- Skilled in troubleshooting issues throughout the entire infrastructure stack
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Build Automation and Pipeline technologies (Jenkins, GitLab, or Terraform)
- Comfortable managing both Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Skilled in scripting and automation (Unix Shell, Python, Ruby, or Powershell)
- Experience with configuration management solutions (Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Familiarity with common frameworks, languages and server technologies used to develop large-scale applications
- Strong Research and Troubleshooting skills
- Experience with multi-tier application stacks
- Exposure to containerized workloads (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to database technologies (PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- VMWare ESXi experience
- Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures within virtualized infrastructures (ESXi, AWS, Azure, KVM)
- Package management workflows (Aptitude/dpkg, Yum/RPM)
- Source Code Management (Git)
- Ability to work in Agile environment (JIRA, Confluence)
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in computer related fields, technical certifications related to responsibilities, or equivalent professional experience
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website