SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
C++ Application Developer
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- Appropriate 3rd level qualification.
- Strong modern C++(C11) / MSVC
- Practical and demonstrable experience in the design and implementation of scalable distributed systems
- 10+ years C++ development
- 5+ years fulltime C++ development AND 5+ years' fulltime Java/C# development
- Development of both internal and customer-financed enhancements and defects resolution
- Production of designs/estimates based on requirements specifications
- Liaison with business analysts and customers where necessary in relation to requirements.
- Understanding of, and contribution to, product functional & business direction.
- The key competencies for this role are:
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution.
- Interest in treasury and capital markets
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Team player.
- Development of financial services systems (risk or trading systems a distinct advantage)
- Relational Database Skills (esp. SQL Server, Oracle)
- IBM MQ Series, Solace, RabbitMQ or other messaging environments
- REST, JSON, XML an advantage
- C# a distinct advantage
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website