SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This role will be located at 80 Lamberton Rd, Windsor, CT.
SS&C Institutional Outsourcing, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment/loan processing service group that provides middle and back office operations, accounting and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Pension, Wealth Management, nonbank lenders and mortgage REIT clients. SS&C is searching for a staff accountant with relevant loan accounting and processing experience.
Accountant responsibilities include producing timely and accurate accounting and reporting for assigned loan portfolios. The individual will be responsible for preparing the daily and monthly deliverables through data processing, data reconciliations, and review of loan accounting. The instrument scope of investments for this position includes, but is not limited to, the following types of investments: residential and commercial loans.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Perform the daily and monthly processing, reconciliation, and reporting functions
- Upload daily and monthly static and market data and perform data reconciliations
- Perform daily or monthly reconciliations against multiple servicers, custodians and/or asset managers
- Identify, research, and escalate any breaks against established counterparties
- Reconcile daily / monthly GL transactions to ensure all loan transactions are processed and recorded accordingly
- Perform critical self-review of work product prior to submission to client and/or supervisor
- Address ad hoc inquiries and assist on projects
- Document and cross-train processes
- Liaise with clients and internal contacts on a day to day basis
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding of accounting rules for loans under US GAAP
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 2+ years' experience in loan accounting/processing
- Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external contacts
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Competitive salary plus EXCELLENT benefits
- NEW Global Flexible Time Off Option
- 10 company-paid holidays in a full calendar year
- Eligibility for annual performance-based bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up to 100%
- Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
- Exposure to a number of key business groups within the company, including regular interaction with senior management and opportunities for advancement
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website