The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
Title: Plan Adjustment - Retirement Specialist I
Location: Hybrid - Quincy, MA or Kansas City, MO
Get To Know The Team:
The Retirement Plan Adjustment Specialist provides support to Operations and other specialized groups by researching and resolving discrepancies pertaining to retirement plan/participant accounts transactions. Discrepancies may pertain to improper balancing of payroll rosters, mismatched transactions, etc.
Why You'll Love It At SS&C!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: Generous 401(k) Matching Program, Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement Opportunities.
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited Personal & Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave Policy, Paid Company Holidays
- Your Well-being: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, Global Employee Assistance, Parental Leave, and more
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Being an Organization that Welcomes, Celebrates, and Thrives on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On and Customized by your Team, including Technical and E-Learning Resources
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness memberships, cell provider, childcare, travel, and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Investigates research requests generated from multiple sources, such as plan sponsors, participants, fund companies, third-party administrators for assigned clients. Obtains all appropriate backup documentation using imaged documents, microfiche, and archived records in order to trace issues to their source.
- Determines need for adjustment and whether correction involves outside party indemnification. Makes adjustments typically involving shorter timeframes of research and corrections.
- Discusses correction/settlement with request originator. Prepares documentation including form correspondence in cases where external parties need notifying.
- Generates a variety of daily reports and reviews for discrepancies (kickers) that need research and correction. Works with Control Department and other internal groups to resolve open items.
- Acts as liaison between multiple clients under time-sensitive deadlines in order to minimize potential “as-of” loss exposure.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Solid knowledge of qualified retirement plans or mutual fund processing required. Knowledge of adjustment procedures also required.
- Analytical and follow through skills required for researching information and finding solutions to pending items and discrepancies. Numbers aptitude is required.
- Organization, attention to detail and accuracy are required in order to research and reconcile transactions on a timely basis.
- Ability to communicate clearly in order to resolve discrepancies using internal as well as industry standard terminology.
- Customer service orientation; acts as liaison between clients and internal groups.
- Some college or equivalent combination of formal education and work experience required.
- 12-18 months previous experience in retirement plan administration required.
- Knowledge of TRAC 2000 preferred.
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website