SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We are looking for a highly motivated graduate web and Java developer to join our global team delivering solutions for internal and external clients. The role involves full lifecycle development and is an opportunity to work on applications using leading edge web technologies with a strong technical team.
The successful candidate will be bright and willing to learn about new technologies and the financial services industry. Training will be provided both on-the-job and through computer based courses. Good verbal and written communication skills are required to work with colleagues and clients that are based both in the United States and abroad.
- Communicate with colleagues and clients to elicit requirements
- Develop technical solutions with a small team to meet those requirements
- Ensure that code is clear, well documented, modular, maintainable and testable
- Technical troubleshooting, refactoring and bug-fixing
- Learn about our clients' businesses to provide the best solutions
- User support of application issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (preferably. 3.5 + GPA)
- Good knowledge of Core Java
- SQL and relational database design
- Passion for front end web design and user experience design
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC, Servlets
- Familiarity with using AJAX
- Familiarity with REST web services
- Unit Testing
- Knowledge of Git version control and GitLab
- Knowledge of basic Unix commands
- Continuous Integration Build Pipelines
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website