SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Overview and Scope
We are seeking a full stack web developer. This position will require strong experience in hands-on development and will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will work closely with Product team to understand requirements and business specifications around Portfolio Management, Trading, Analytics, and Investment Accounting.
This position will work as part of a larger development team focused on driving innovation across the enterprise platform for the Institutional & Investment Management division. Write top notch code in multi-tiered multi-threaded environment. Attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
Main responsibilities of the job
• Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
• Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms as is appropriate for the particular task/project.
• Regularly inform manager on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements
• Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
• 3+ years of experience with REST APIs and Docker. Experience with either Kubernetes or Swarm
• 3+ years of experience coding in Angular, Typescript and Node.js
• 3+ years of experience with SQL Server and MongoDB
• Comprehensive knowledge of best practices and design patterns for SaaS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Previous experience with C# and .NET technologies
• Understanding of microservices architecture and hands-on experience with GraphQL, Swagger and Kafka
• Familiar with secure software coding techniques
• Experience with 3rd party UI Control tools
• Familiar with Agile-Scrum methodology and practices
• Recent experience within in the Financial Industry with a focus on portfolio management, trading, or accounting
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website