SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Entry-Level Associate, Hedge Fund Accounting
This position will be located at 5300 Metro Place, Dublin, OH.
An Associate in Fund Accounting will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our hedge fund clients. The Associate must have excellent client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Reconcile the funds cash to outside sources
- Reconcile the funds positions/securities to outside sources
- Research internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
- Price the fund portfolios
- Analyze fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
- Issue P&L reports on a daily basis
- Accurate calculation of fund NAV's
- Post accounting entries to ledger
- Perform month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
- Work with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, FX, mortgages, financing and futures
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar field
- 0-2+ years' experience in Accounting – experience in the financial services sector a plus
- Prior experience with various financial products; for example, equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, mortgages and options a strong plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting – knowledge of accounting for financial instruments a plus
- Must have a strong academic foundation in financial accounting: journal entries, cash transactions and reconciliations, non-cash activity, investment activity, and investor capital activity
- Deadline-oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Working knowledge of corporate actions
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
- FIS Investran experience a plus
- Team player
- Competitive salary plus EXCELLENT benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness Incentives, HSA and/or FSA
- 401k plan
- And more!
- NEW Global Flexible Time Off option
- 10 company-paid holidays in a full calendar year
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up to 100%
- Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
- Exposure to a number of key business groups within the company, including regular interaction with senior management and opportunities for advancement
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website