SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is looking for a Director of Market Data Management in our 4 Times Square (NYC) location.
- Develop a strong understanding of market data operations and downstream business processes and objectives. Identify market data strategies and implement plans that are aligned with business stakeholders' requirements.
- Work with the MDM operations and technology teams to foster straight through processing, automated controls and improved efficiency.
- Analyze market data usage patterns and provide direction regarding data usage metrics, cost allocation and client billing processes.
- Manage and administer market data vendor commercial relationships. Assess opportunities to reduce market data costs. Analyze alternative vendor services and commercial offerings.
- Participate in periodic data source/vendor quality reviews; research, evaluate and document new potential sources of reference and pricing data.
- Develop and maintain an online ‘wiki' that to create a central repository of information about market data sources, content, license guidelines, usage governance, fees, etc. that can be relied upon by internal business users.
- Develop and drive adoption of best practice data governance principles, standards, procedures and guidelines for use across the Fund Services business.
- Lead build out of new revenue producing capabilities based on leveraging of market data technology and operations.
- Engage in sales pitches to present market data technology, processes in context of SS&C's suite of products and services.
- 8+ years' market data management experience working with financial institutions and/or service providers.
- Substantive understanding of financial instruments market data, including equities, futures, options, FX, fixed income, bank loans and OTC derivatives products
- Strong familiarity with the application of security master, corporate actions and pricing data to middle and back office processes including reconciliation, settlement, collateral management, valuations and accounting
- History of working with market data vendors to facilitate creation of market data solutions for internal and client requirements. Commercial negotiation and contract administration experience is preferred.
- Market data operations subject matter experience; familiarity with market data integration, maintenance and distribution operations.
- Track record of material involvement in building and implementing market data technology solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- BA/BS in business/finance or related discipline. Graduate degree or professional certification, e.g., MBA, CFA, preferred but not required
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website