SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at Sandy Hook, Connecticut or the Chelsea district of Manhattan
The Data Scientist– AI/Machine Learning role is responsible for understanding data, machine learning and incorporating it within our product.
- Identify opportunities and offer recommendations about process and technology optimizations.
- Partner with members of business and technology teams in research, scoping, design, execution, and optimization.
- Embrace, support and extend standards and guidelines pertaining to data and data access.
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Training and tuning models, defining validation strategies
- Support the product development teams during all phases of the application lifecycle, functioning as a subject matter expert for all things data and data-access related.
- Share a passion for your role with all, and demonstrate a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent understanding with machine based algorithms and different types of distributions, Outlier detection, random forest, isolation forest, Gaussian process, etc.
- Python, Tensorflow framework, Scikit-Learn toolkit, Scala, R or other machine learning disciplines.
- Experience to MongoDB, Cassandra and/or other document or non-sql data stores.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, processes, and tools.
- Prior exposure to multi-tenant data architectures, with a focus on optimizing for large-scale data sets (multi-terabyte tables).
- Understanding of scalability options at the data tier, including partitioning and sharding scenarios.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Masters' Degree preferred.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website