The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
Job Description – Business Intelligence Analyst – Distribution Intelligence
SS&C Distribution Solutions is a trusted provider of data, analytics and insights to the asset management industry in the U.S., U.K. and other regions of the world.
As a trusted partner, we harness advanced analytical techniques and data science to deliver actionable insights and drive profitable business interactions.
We are currently hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Distribution Solutions in New York City. Leveraging a large dataset of industry data we create report and analytics on top of the data in order to assist each client to gain more insight and to make the data more actionable.
The Business Intelligence Analyst performs statistical analysis on business/customer data and identifies, analyzes, interprets, and validates trends and patterns to locate influences and uncover business opportunities or solutions to business problems. They assist customers to commission, understand, and leverage analysis projects to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of their business activity. The Business Intelligence Analyst possesses knowledge and experience with data analytics activities and demonstrates solid skills with high level of proficiency. They possess solid understanding of the business area and its supporting technology.
- Create advanced analytics for clients based on their position in the marketplace and their target customers in the U.S., U.K. and other regions to help drive sales growth
- Create and automate ongoing deliverables for the suite of SS&C Distribution Intelligence services. Ensure on time delivery of all deliverables.
- Build conceptual models of data projects and develop solutions to address them statistically
- Develop new analytic metrics, using advanced methods based on client needs and requests
- Aggregate a variety of data sets to create insights including SS&C data, third party data and client proprietary data
- Run queries on market share data as needed to conduct research on client specific questions and issues
- Run queries against data to aggregate at various levels, e.g., firm/channel/asset class/category
- Prepare insights for client meetings
- QA analytics output prior to sharing with clients
- Create PowerPoint presentations utilizing the analytics for use in client meetings
- Work with data and UI development teams on data issues and questions
- 3-5 years' experience overall in analytic roles
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing Analysis, Engineering, or other highly quantitative field, or equivalent
- Strong SQL experience
- Experience with R, Python a plus
- Experience with Redshift a plus
- Understanding of quantitative modeling techniques
- Ability to provide clear and concise communication of statistical techniques and commercialization of data assets to drive client value
- Experience delivering analysis that has driven profitable outcomes. This will include the following: customer segmentations, predictive analysis, campaign targeting, response analysis, customer insight reporting
Location:New York New York
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website