SpecialtyCare is Your Trusted Career Partner
SpecialtyCare continues to expand our footprint and we have an excellent opportunity to join our corporate team in Nashville! We are seeking a Tax Accountant who has experience with both tax and generally accepted accounting principles. This is a hybrid opportunity where you are able to work remotely part of the time (once training is completed)! Join our team of talented financial professionals while making an impact to healthcare where we put patients first.
SpecialtyCare is the world's leading provider of clinical services to hospitals. We partner with hospitals to drive, sustain, and accelerate high performance. We offer a portfolio of solutions that include neuromonitoring, perfusion, surgical assist, autotransfusion, minimally invasive surgical support, and sterile processing. SpecialtyCare's clinicians focus their efforts to improve operational efficiencies, improve outcomes, and maintain exceptional levels of satisfaction. We compete on results.
The Tax Accountant will develop and maintain tax accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely filings and tax related financial statements. Accurately report asset transactions, prepare financial reporting products, assist with communication and maintain changes in the operational reporting system architecture.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for:
- Monthly and annual tax provision preparation including current and deferred taxes and related deferred tax liability
- Monthly, quarterly, and/or annual payments for property tax, income, and franchise tax.
- Licensure required by various localities (state, city, county, etc.) to do business in the locality, including payroll reconciliations, registrations, and annual information returns.
- Local and county income tax returns and coordinate with third party preparers.
- Act as the liaison for the tax audit, including assembling all prepared-by-client requests and preparing tax related draft footnotes for the financial statements.
- Research and prepare technical documentation and memos related to key tax issues.
- Assist with transition of tax related issues on acquisitions, including 338(h)10 elections and purchase price allocations.
- Assist with sales and use tax preparation / research on an as needed basis.
- Investigate and document all notices received related to tax registration, licensure, or delinquencies and work with various localities to ensure these are resolved timely.
- Advise other team members regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from leadership regarding tax financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Assist with general ledger maintenance by preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and verifying system transactions.Support efficient and effective audit processes.
- Set up assets and record depreciation on a monthly basis.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by evaluating and enhancing current accounting practices and process flows.
- Live the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Teamwork, Care & Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA preferred, not required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with tax and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Experience with asset management is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience, acceptable.
We offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans; generous paid time off; 401(k) with matching funds; tuition reimbursement; and professional development and membership allowances.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Care, Urgency, and Improvement.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - Employment at SpecialtyCare is At-Will
Apply on company website