SONIC is all about having fun while you work and gaining a sense of accomplishment along the way. Not only do you work with fantastic people, you'll get great pay, flexible hours and a cool uniform.
As a Sonic Multi-Unit Leader, you will be managing the operations of all General Managers and employees within multiple SONIC drive-ins. You will also be responsible for training and supporting the drive-ins' employees to ensure we provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that our guests will have an enjoyable experience at Sonic! The job duties include:
- Manages, trains, and coaches Working Partners/General Managers and conducts management orientation.
- Directs and assigns employees as needed to ensure all aspects of service meet operational standards
- Oversee multiple drive-in employees and management in performing all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Adheres to and monitors management compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices.
- Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Reviews employee and drive-in management work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests in accordance with Sonic Drive-In policy and applicable law.
- Monitors multiple drive-in cost control procedures for food, labor, paper and inventory. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Monitors performance of vendors. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Audits drive-in employment-related records and payroll records.
- Reinforces the importance of placing guest needs first to drive-in management on a consistent basis.
- Responds to escalated guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Recruits, interviews and hire management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
- Approves compensation levels of drive-in employees and managers within company guidelines.
- Prepares all necessary operational reports for multiple drive-ins. Develops appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan for region.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee's knees, cruisin'. .. you get the picture! It's downright sensational!!
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Restaurant 3 years (Preferred)
Driver's License (Required)
Paid time off
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
- Multi-unit supervision experience is preferred.
- Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic accounting and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Abide by the company's appearance, uniform and hygiene standards
The Fine Print:
As required by applicable law, SONIC Drive-In franchise organizations will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Each franchise organization is an independent employer and thus responsible for making its own employment-related decisions. Nothing in these materials should be construed as the franchisor being involved in or having control over a franchise employee's essential terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website