Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success!
We are currently hiring a R&D Mechanical Engineer II in Southington, CT. The R&D Mechanical Engineer II will be responsible for providing R&D support for sustaining activities to ensure product changes still meet the design requirements. This will be done through close working relationships with Operations, Sourcing, and Marketing and may require updating of design documentation along with development and delivery of Design Verification activities (test method development/fixture design/DV plans/test protocols/reports).Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs engineering work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of engineering. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and requirements. Plans and coordinates detailed phases of engineering actions for part of a project.
- Conducts engineering activities of intermediate scope or degree of difficulty. This could include medium – large components/system, processes associated with a medium or large project.
- Performs component and assembly detailed design.
- Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results.
- Conducts design testing.
- Prepares documentation associated with engineering activities
- Determines resolution of intermediate technical issues as needed and assures that technical work meets specified requirements.
- Understands and follows requirements of SOPs.
- Contributes to corrective action development and alternatives.
- May coach and develop entry level engineers and engineering interns.
- Minimum BS Degree Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience or 1-2 years with an advanced degree.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the engineering field. General knowledge of the disciplines (GPM, GQR, Sales and Ops)
- Familiarity with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software system
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Us
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website