Smiths Medical is hiring a Production Line Technician at our Keene, NH site.
The Production Line Technician is responsible for successfully leading machine operation with multiple associates assigned to the line to meet line standards or works with team of machine operators to run multiple machines or more complex machines.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to operate & work on assigned line/process without requiring assistance from others AND ability to work at pace for line/process to achieve shift goal
- Assemble parts from subcomponents (Hand Assy Off-Line & On-Line).
- Follows all safety policies to include proper PPE usage
- Be at work station per work schedule (before / after breaks / lunches / shift start & end)
- Demonstrates ability to follow Health & Cleanliness Procedures to include KEESOP700
- Ability to take direction from supervisor, coordinator, or line/cell leader and complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to identify & communicate non-conformities and/or quality problems
- Contributes to both the success of the individual and the team
- Follows 5S standards.
- Knows the daily goal / metrics for assigned line(s) / cell(s)
- Document production information with computer programs and/or systems (Microsoft Office)
- Mentor and train Level 1 / 2 employees
- Escalate problems to appropriate support personnel within department
- Successfully leads machine operation with multiple associates assigned to the line to meet line standards or works with team of machine operators to run multiple machines or more complex machines
- Demonstrated abiliy to troubleshoot and repair basic mechanical issues on assigned lines.
- Demonstrated ability to complete / assist with Tooling changes on assigned lines
- Responsible to repair basic mechanical issues on assigned lines
- Responsbile to complete basic PM tasks
- Demonstrates troubleshooting and repairs of mechanical/electrical issues on number of machines required for this level.
- Leads others to complete tooling changes on assigned machines.
- Demonstrated ability to perform calibration tasks for transducers, forming stations, etc
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.Requirements
- Basic understanding of computers.
- Paperwork certification as required.
- Machine specific training as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma/ GED
- Ability to read and comprehend machine faults through Human Machine Interface units.
Salary & Benefits
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Smiths
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we're an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Apply on company website