Smiths Medical is currently hiring a Cell Lead in Dublin, OH.
The Cell Lead will provide daily leadership and support within operations.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to operations team, provides knowledge, experience, motivation, support and advice on the assigned production processes within their respective areas.
- Trains new associates, understands the importance of proper procedure adherence, shares their knowledge with associates in their area to improve efficiency and quality of products.
- Demonstrates accountability in providing and sustaining a positive safety culture.
- Ensures a shift to shift handoff occurs, check the area to ensure a good start-up can occur, lead areas 5S activities.
- Conduct Training and Cross Training to assure standard work is followed-initiate Continuous improvement projects.
- Has Machine and Process responsibility, assists in and drives improved Start-up and change over activities, ensures production goals are being met and achieved, assure machines are in good operation condition, ensures lines are supplied with components to reduce unnecessary downtime.
- Has a working knowledge of all jobs in their assigned areas
- Confirms parts meet Quality Standards, helps maintain proper GMP documentation within the work cells, conducts quality inspections throughout the work cells.
- Responsible for daily cell preparation, operator performance, communicating production metrics within the work cells, evaluation of performance within the work cell, record results, daily evaluation of the production cells.
- Working knowledge of all equipment in their areas of responsibility, ability to perform all jobs within their area of control.
- Meet all quality, quantity and GMP's to satisfy customer and corporate requirements.
- Ensures accuracy on inspection records, verifies machines are set up correctly and data is documented correctly.
- Identifies issues with parts or machinery and immediately reports through appropriate channels.
- Updates and Collects data in regard to production information when required.
- Participate in safety programs, meetings, and trainings as required.
- Contribute to environmental conservation by shutting off equipment and lights not in use and ensuring proper recycling practices.
- Bring safety concerns to the attention of management or appropriate parties immediately upon recognition.
- Ensures first pieces are completed and documented correctly, orders part and documents on work orders, collection and weighing of parts, completing and documenting line clearances, records data on labor sheets, check sheets, production sheet and work orders.
- Demonstrated ability to train people, shows Leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.The Individual
- Secondary Education (High School) required.
- University Degree (Associates Degree) or technical equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in their manufacturing areas of control.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Computer skills are preferred.
- Good working knowledge of good medical device manufacturing (GMP), lean manufacturing, and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Familiarity with documentation such as flow charts, assembly drawings and Bills of Material.
- May need to operate various measuring tools such as scales and calipers.
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Smiths
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we're an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Apply on company website