Smiths Medical is hiring 2nd Shift Assemblers in our Keene, NH facility. These are REGULAR position and we are open to FT/PT or Weekend shifts. Smiths Medical has partnered with the US government on a vaccine project to battle Covid-19 and has seen a surge in needle and syringe production.
The 2nd Shift Assembler position is responsible for assembling parts from sub-components as well as packing kits that contain our needles and syringes.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipelineDuties & Responsibilities
- Ability to work on assigned line/process without requiring assistance from others AND ability to work at pace for line/process to achieve shift goal
- Assemble parts from subcomponents (Hand Assy Off-Line & On-Line)
- Follows all safety policies to include proper PPE usage
- Be at work station per work schedule (before / after breaks / lunches / shift start & end)
- Demonstrates ability to follow Health & Cleanliness Procedures to include KEESOP700
- Ability to take direction from supervisor, coordinator, or line/cell leader and complete assigned tasks
- Demonstrated ability to identify & communicate non-conformities and/or quality problems
- Contributes to both the success of the individual and the team
- Basic reading and understanding of Work Orders (ability to tell what parts are in each end unit/subassembly)
- Knows the daily goal / metrics for assigned line(s) / cell(s)
- Measure parts using basic measuring tools (i.e. ruler, calipers, tape measure)
- Able to perform Box Audits / Required in-process testing
- Able to correctly complete return tickets for parts returned to the Warehouse.
- Able to complete assigend DHR and all in-process paperwork and testing.
- Mentor and Train Level 1 / 2 employees
- Fill out tally/output sheet and/or OEE entry
- Escalate problems to appropriate support personnel within department
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to verbally comprehend English
- Must be able and flexible to rotate to specified operations in production.
- Must work a reasonable amount of overtime as determined by production management
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Us
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website