Smiths Medical is hiring a 1st Shift Coordinator in the Catheter/Trach room at our Keene, NH facility. The 1st Shift Coordinator is responsible for supporting and assisting department Manufacturing Team Leaders in leading and coordinating the daily activities of a manufacturing shift to meet or exceed the business unit performance objectives.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating all assigned shift employees and activities in the areas of safety, quality and productivity.
- Coordinating daily activities under the direction and guidance of the business unit Manufacturing Team Leaders and/or Business Unit Manager.
- Support overall shift performance, to include production, quality, safety and financial aspects.
- Responsible for team building and coaching activities. Provide feedback to all unit/shift staff. Facilitate all routine communication meetings.
- Identify training needs and support development and delivery of required training programs.
- Support for shift/department quality, GMP, and safety compliance requirements and initiatives.
- Coordinate changeovers, start-ups, and development runs as required.
- Responsible for documentation changes as required, quality notifications, and failure investigation reports. Knowledgeable in all aspects of quality system requirements/ documentations.
- Represents and supports business unit on projects, and project teams as required.
- Coordinate and support all troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Supports and drives continuous improvement activities.
- Support business unit human resources, financial, planning and purchasing needs.
- Initiates and is responsible for accident/incident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and business practices including FDA (Food & Drug Administration) regulations, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) requirements.
- Associate Degree or High school diploma/equivalent with related experience.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team Leader training in all required MTL responsibilities.
- General business/accounting knowledge. Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks.
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of tools.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. and push up to 100 lbs.
- Requires use manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment.
- May be exposed to biohazards and/or chemicals.
- People management skills.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!ABOUT US
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website