Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations Job Family: Maintenance Work Shift: A (United States of America) Job Description:
Provide support to the production departments by ensuring that all equipment is operating at expected levels of performance. This is accomplished by, but not limited to, performing preventive maintenance routines, answering line calls, and completing work requests by plant partners and leadership. Maintenance partners are also expected to perform duties that might be outside what is considered normal maintenance tasks when requested. All tasks are to be performed safely and without compromising food safety and to follow procedures established for both the position and for individual tasks. Responsible for maintaining GMP's.
Essential Functions Performed In A Safe And Timely Manner: Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment (Includes, safety devices and the use of proper safety procedures while maintaining, troubleshooting, or repairing equipment).
- Perform preventive maintenance or repairs. insured equipment is safe to operate as required.
- Insures equipment is safe to operate, which includes proper safety considerations have been addressed when developing equipment control programs.
- Follow LOTO procedures and Arc Flash safety requirements.
- Wear suitable PPE for the tasks being performed and follow all plant safety policies. Certain PPE items require certification or a medical release to wear.
- Responsible for answering calls to repair equipment during production hours, completing work requests, and completing preventive maintenance routines.
- Expected to understand single phase and three phase electrical power and have an understanding of electronic controls.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, controls and automation.
- Must have basic skills for various forms of welding such as MIG, TIG, ARC and able to use Oxy/Acetaline equipment.
- Must have knowledge of shop equipment and have knowledge of safe use of all equipment.
- Completing all Work Orders and other documentations in the Oracle eAM (CMMS).
- Filing purchase orders in Oracle lbuy (CMMS) and other documentations for the procurement of spare and replacement parts
- Encourage to make equipment recommendations along with applicable design and layout.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and standards.
- Diagnose or assist diagnose equipment problem.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Safe Quality Food (SQF) system as defined in the SQF Code.
- Attend all Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety and Food Security training as required by state, federal and Schreiber Foods Fullerton.
- Complete all duties in a manner that is consistent with all aspects of Company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Perform all PCP and CCP checks required for position and follow reaction plan for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement outages by contacting TL or Senior Maintenance Mechanic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- To perform duties of Apprentice Mechanic if needed.
- Proficient in the set up and operate lathe, mill, drill press and grinders.
- Proficient with arc and gas welding, brazing and soldering.
- Proficient to T.I.G. weld on stainless steel.
- Proficient in trouble shooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Proficient knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical operations on fillers and packaging machines
- To know safe boiler operation and shut down procedures.
- Proficient knowledge to operate, shut down and program non-contact printers.
- To have proficient use of a volt-ohm meter.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Education required
- A four semester or 4o unit college "General Industrial Electricity" program, or equivalent including:
- Electrical Mathematics
- Fundamentals of D.C. Electricity
- Fundamentals of Motors and Generators
- Fundamentals of A.C. Electricity
- A.C. Principles and Practices
- A one semester or 10 unit college program covering "Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Fundamentals", or an ammonia training class or equivalent.
- A General Boiler/Steam Plant Operators class or a valid "5oohp Boiler Operators License" or equivalent.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the partner to successfully perform the function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the partner is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The partner frequently is required to stand and walk. The partner is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The partner must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those partners' encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the partner regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The partner is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The partner occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and vibration and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Demonstrate ability to use PLC's and GM L for troubleshooting purposes.
- Read, comprehend and follow complex trouble-shooting instructions and identify parts from equipment maintenance manuals.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot networking systems.
- Ability to work at heights that include elevated platforms and ladders as well as use and safely operate aerial equipment
- Ability to develop an excellent working relationship with fellow partners and with other plant departments.
- Ability to test run equipment in all production and production support departments.
- Must walk or stand 75% of time to include working off of ladder or lying on floor to access equipment components.
- Ability to write and validate computer code, document the code and train user to work with and maintain systems.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in multiple system environments with multiple process owners and to find solutions to tie systems together.
- Must be able to work with ammonia systems, acid systems, steam systems, high voltage, and know the safeguards against being accidentally exposed to fumes, live steam, and/or electrical shock.
- Must have a working electricity and electronics knowledge including three-phase and single-phase controls, ladder diagrams, low-voltage relay logic, digital and analog electronics, microprocessors, single line diagrams, electrical schematics and power distributions. Must be able to read, update, and validate related prints.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company's success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.
Apply on company website