DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Sarah Cannon Development Innovations is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) that is uniquely focused in oncology. Sarah Cannon Innovations offers strong scientific leadership, access to patients through Sarah Cannon Research Institute's Site Management Organization (SMO) and relationships with other clinical sites, and experience in drug development and delivery of clinical trials from First-In-Man through registration level studies, making us the partner of choice for oncology.
Our differentiator is strong operational delivery in partnership with our Site Management Organization and physician leaders to deliver your program efficiently.Summary of Key Responsibilities:
As the Manager of Clinical Science, you will work with the Senior Director to strategically define the goals and metrics of Sarah Cannon research studies as it relates to Clinical Science. You will be accountable for setting the strategy of the group to ensure Development Innovations goals are met and that quality is a top driver. Your key responsibilities will include Clinical Science team management, resource mapping and development/implementation of a long-term vision for the team, scientific review of regulatory documents (protocols, ICF, CSR, IB, etc.), and support to the medical writing department, clinical data review, as required.Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing the performance of direct report personnel, including role expectations performance reviews, mentoring and development of colleagues
- You will assist the department Director to define and communicate job descriptions, core competencies, performance standards and expectations regarding staffing requirements to meet departmental needs and achieve maximum productivity
- You are responsible for ensuring adequate support, troubleshooting performance issues, and identifying and developing training opportunities for department and colleagues
- You will develop/create and update departmental policies, SOPs and other work instructions as required to maintain consistency with standards/practices for the organization
- You will contribute to the medical and scientific input in the preparation of clinical study protocols, informed consent forms, case report forms, clinical study reports, TFL shells, TFLs, manuscripts, and other study documentations and publications, as required
- You will identify and present project related issues and facilitate resolutions both in and across functional areas
- You will communicate and escalate unresolved issues at the appropriate time and to the appropriate level of management
- You will contribute to the medical and scientific input in the review of clinical data, patient demographics, medical and disease history, concomitant medications, laboratory values, adverse events, and disease response verification
- You will collaborate with Site Activation Specialists to provide scientific support in the site selection process per study budget and contracts
- You will serve as an individual on the study core team with clinical, therapeutic and scientific expertise
- You will participate in study kick off, core team, sponsor, and site meetings as applicable
- You will assist Medical Directors with indication or mechanism of action training for study team as needed
- You will create data summaries for scientific meetings, manuscripts and other data reviews per study budget and contract
- You will review and assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for professional and scientific meetings as budgeted
QualificationsFor this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree (4 year program)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in clinical research and/or oncology-focused laboratory-based research, with experience in an academic or community medical center, or in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research industry or similar research entity preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills to include oral and written communication skills
- Master's Degree (1-2 year program)
- Experience in clinical research and/or oncology-focused laboratory-based research, with experience in an academic or community medical center, or in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research industry or similar research entity preferred.
- Oncology experience preferred
Do you find this opportunity compelling, if so we encourage you to apply? We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website