SAIC is seeking Animal Training Support Specialists for upcoming work in various airports throughout the US.
In this position, you will provide the day-to-day support to the NEDCTP, aiding in the reality based training drills and scenarios. You will be required to “live” role through the use of inflexible scripted scenarios on an impromptu basis. You must be able to adapt roles as needed in a realistic manner as the training situation dictates.
This is an on call position and is not full time employment. There is no guarantee on the amount of work you will be requested to provide. You must be able and willing to travel as needed to be considered. Candidates can be located anywhere throughout the United States near a major airport.
We are looking for applicants whose home airports would be Denver, CO, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA, Detroit, MI, Dallas Ft. Worth, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Boston, MA.
- 100% travel required; trips are typically 3 days in duration
- Must be willing to travel to various locations throughout the US for the duration of the assignment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to speak and write English
- Must pass a criminal background check, with no criminal record except minor traffic offenses. Minor traffic offenses do not include driving while under the influence
- Must not have any conviction of a felony/misdemeanor crime, active restraining orders, or history of domestic violence
- Must not have a record or conviction of drug abuse/involvement or alcohol abuse
- High School diploma or equivalent GED, no hands on experience required
- Must be 18 years of age to be considered
- Ability and willingness to stand for long periods of time during an 8-hour shift
- Must be willing to work closely with canines on a daily basis when supporting events
- Must not have any allergies to canines
- Must not fear being around/near canines
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Must be knowledgeable in computers and have the ability to navigate software programs that will be used in timekeeping, training, travel reservations, and preparing expense reports
- Must maintain responsible, dependable behavior, as well as professional focus and awareness
- Schedule may contain work on any day from Sunday through Saturday, and may include irregular hours, nights, changing shifts, and split shifts
Apply on company website