SAIC is currently looking for a Technical Writer for the S3I MLRS project. The duty location is in Huntsville, Alabama.
As a Technical Writer supporting MLRS, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Candidate will be required to manage multiple writing projects, priorities, and technical inputs with moderate supervision.
- Candidate should be able to track task statuses even if schedule/priorities change quickly.
- Candidate will edit complex software/hardware/management/process documentation.
- Candidate will be required to take and publish minutes for technical meetings.
- Candidate will be required to work successfully with SMEs, assist technical team members with writing tasks, and assist individuals in troubleshooting Microsoft Word issues.
- Candidate will be expected to follow processes, writing/style conventions, and configuration management established for MLRS documentation.
Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- A strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple assignments with moderate supervision.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse and professional teams from functional/technical areas (programmers, testers, managers, SMEs, engineers, configuration management, etc.).
- Ability to plan/schedule work activities and accommodate constantly changing priorities in a busy team environment.
- Ability to learn new software/hardware.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrable proficiency using MS Word (emphasis on styles and referencing tools).
- Demonstrable proficiency in grammar and punctuation.
- Moderate experience using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Some experience in creating/editing basic graphics (e.g., flowcharts and organization charts).
- Willingness to occasionally perform work outside normal duties/responsibilities.
Interim Secret security clearance required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain full Secret clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
Apply on company website