SAIC is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team at Fort Bragg, NC
SAIC, a federal contractor seeks a Technical Writer in support of the United States Army Reserve. The Technical Writer position is responsible for providing support in assessment, improvement, standardization and/or creation of Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs), Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), and other client specific technical documentation. The position provides a business casual work environment and exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
- Attend and participate in project team meetings
- Change, improve and create (where required) SOPs and TTPs to align with the applicable DOD Risk Management Framework (RMF) standards.
- Develop coherent, easy to follow procedures, work instructions and production documentation that aligns with the client standard.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and formatted in a consistent and uniform tone.
- Consolidate SOP content to minimize/eliminate redundant information.
- Communicate roadblocks or issues immediately to leadership.
- Prepare required technical documentation, and provide expertise for any documentation tasks.
- Provide documentation support for, but not limited to technical management plans, status reports, meeting minutes, test plans, Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms), SOPs, TTPs, waivers, and other technical documents.
- Provide graphics, briefing/presentation support on an "As needed' basis to leadership.
- Ensure all documents are properly checked into SharePoint with the proper meta-data and tags allowing easy retrieval of required documents and information.
- Implement permission settings to ensure documents cannot be modified without going through the proper workflow and approvals.
- Edit and review technical documents for format, style, and language correctness.
- Organize, analyze, and prepare reports or presentations of technical data and information.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Collect and clarify technical information
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent applicable work experience is required. A Science or Technical degree is preferred.
- US Citizenship is required and must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance in order to gain access to the client site and computer systems.
- BS degree or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Minimum of 4+ years' work experience as a technical writer.
- Strong IT working knowledge.
- Advanced experienced with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced experienced with Microsoft Visio.
- Focus on deliverables and timelines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and collaborative skills.
- Must be flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and alone.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- • Usual office working conditions.
- • Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- • Some light physical effort required.
- Client Site, Fort Bragg, NC
- No travel is required
Apply on company website