SAIC is looking for team members to support the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Transforming All-Source Analysis with Location-Based Object Services (TALOS) to advance the state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD's and the Intelligence Community's (IC) information processes and technical architectures. DoD and the IC, warfighters, policymakers, and acquisition leaders must address strategic challenges that focus on leading-edge IT to deliver insight, advantages, and dominance in all warfighting domains—land, maritime, air, space, and cyber
The Software Developer will provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Identifies and sets up all necessary tools to support the development and management activities.
- Identifies processes and plans for mission interaction to understand and prioritize mission needs, gather requirements, validate design and planning implementation, acquire feedback, and deliver capabilities.
- Defines and update processes such as code control, daily builds, regression tests, and configuration control, etc.
- Defines processes for documenting user stories, business priorities, and planned enhancements with the estimated effort for each requirement.
- Designs and codes the system to meet the requirements documented in the Sprint Backlog.
- Demonstrates each Sprint release to the Government and mission owner for approval to deploy to the testing environment.
- Conducts a Sprint review/retrospective.
- Works closely with matrixed Training Development Specialists to produce and update User Training Plan.
- Supports GOTS/COTS systems integration, and enterprise module integration as directed by SE&I Manager.
· Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
· Preferred experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
· Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
· Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
· Desired experience working with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho.
Apply on company website