Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontract systems in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types. Prepares request for proposals (RFP), bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, selects or recommends suppliers, writes procurement packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting agreements. Negotiates terms and conditions, and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to agreements. Works with requester, legal, cyber security and privacy to reduce and mitigate risk to SAIC. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop procurement policies and procedures. May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority. Acts as a lead point of contact between production, master planner, order management, quality, finance, warehouse and suppliers. Evaluates and helps drive resolution on material quality, price, supply issues, delivery and invoice discrepancies. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Complete understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. Performs assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives. Administers company policies that directly affect employees. Recommends changes to team policies. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity. May refer to policies, procedures and practices. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. IMPACT: Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. LIASON: Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experienceRequired Skills:
- Must have understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Working knowledge of FAR and Public Laws relating to subcontracting.
- Negotiation skills and experience as relates to all contract types including cost types.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and be flexible and responsive in a diverse, changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications and ability to communicate clearly, effectively and independently with senior management.
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving.
- Able to foster and maintain effective and productive relationship with both suppliers and program team.
- Experience with CostPoint or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to perform price and cost analysis.
- Experience reading and understanding drawings and specifications
- Experience reading and understanding technical drawings at a high level
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets with awareness of how failure impacts production and manufacturing orders.
- Familiar with integrated Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system.
Apply on company website