SAIC currently has an opening for a Space Subject Matter Expert (SME) to serve in the Huntsville, AL area.
Telework: This position is currently half telework/half on-site support weekly so must be local to the Huntsville area
- As the SME, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the customer in developing schedules and agendas for meetings, facilitating meetings and coordinating specific working groups
- Conduct analysis to refine requirements for areas such as: Space Operations; payload analysis; SIGINT; Concept of the Operation (CONOPS); Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs); operational designs; exercises; assessments of current / future systems; development of emerging materiel solutions; synchronization of Army and Joint-service operational assessments; rapid fielding initiatives and technology transitions.
- The candidate will coordinate program documents and other resources with DoD organizations and serve as the Program's point of contact.
B.S plus twelve (12) years' of Space Systems experience; or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
Clearance: MUST have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance to be considered
- Development and/or refinement of CONOPS and TTPs for and space operations and space-based force enhancement areas.
- Attend and support system focused meetings and demonstrations of systems and integrated technology development, Joint-service program synchronization, user operational assessments/rapid fielding initiatives, and PM acquisition strategy/transition coordination.
- Expertise in technology assessments of emerging Science and Technology (S&T) and industry solutions relative to system requirements.
- Expertise in the development of system-related briefings and reports that include supporting graphics and other technical analyses as required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with at least twelve (12) years' experience communicating with military, civil service, senior leaders and highly-technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, preparing briefings and writing of technical papers.
- Familiarity with Army and Air Force military hierarchy, military terms and military acronyms.
- Working knowledge of programming and budget processes.
Apply on company website