SAIC is seeking a Service Desk Manager to support a Federal Government client, with locations in Broomfield, CO and Huntsville, AL. This position will be located in the Broomfield, CO site.
Note: The successful candidate must be flexible in days and hours worked, in support of a multi-location 24x7 operation.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined objectives and policies.
- Communicate with other departments, senior management, functional peer groups, technical staff and customers to ensure satisfactory customer support and gain cooperation.
- Responsible for maintaining and following detailed operational procedures ensuring contract terms are met, and will continuously improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer service.
- Provide focus to staff by established policies and procedures and implements and administers policies that affect employees.
- Perform full range of managerial duties for employees supervised, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling and employee development.
- Oversee the appropriate development and retention of documentation and records.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- 3+ years of managing/supervising service desk staff
- Experience in oversight and overall management of a 60+ person Service Desk, preferably with personnel located in multiple locations.
- Recent management or supervisory experience within the previous 12 months is required.
- Must have the ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports. Interact daily with staff and/or functional peer groups and customers.
- Previous experience with a variety of domain/email account administration tools and familiar with standard corporate security policies.
- Must have strong leadership, analytical, and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills and be well versed in the Service Desk environment.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel Service Desk metrics and the ability to motivate and lead a team that can meet set goals and objectives is a must.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as knowledge in standard service desk practices, ITIL, and ISO 9000.
- Must possess the ability to gather, interpret and present operational metrics to determine trends affecting performance goals.
- Must be able to obtain an ITIL Foundation V4 certification after hire date.
- Familiar with standard report and supervisory software such as ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Google Docs, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge management software, and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems. Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and service desk software, Active Directory, Anti-virus, VPN, financial management, quality assurance management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and basic technical writing skills.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website